Apple cider vinegar, known as ACV, is the latest in a long list of health trends. The best kind being with Mother which means you are getting unrefined, unpasteurized and unfiltered ACV. The “Mother” is a colony of beneficial bacteria which helps to maintain a healthy alkaline pH level, eases digestive ailments, accelerates weight loss, helps to regulate blood sugar, can help lower blood pressure, improves heart health, promotes healthy detoxification of the liver and other organs, eliminates candida overgrowth, can help prevent osteoporosis, slows the aging process, provides a glowing skin, assists in the fight against free radical damage, to name but a few benefits.
How To Drink Apple Cider Vinegar
Drinking apple cider vinegar first thing in the morning is the best way to take advantage of its many health benefits, but it can be difficult to do, especially when it is the first thing you are consuming. It might take some getting used to initially, but once you get used to the taste, it is hard to go without it.
There are many ways to drink apple cider vinegar in the morning to make it easier, you don’t have to drink it straight. You can incorporate it with other fruit juices, as a smoothie or as a hot drink. Mix one teaspoon with a cup of warm water and a little honey if necessary to taste, then stir the drink and allow it to steep for a few minutes before drinking. After steeping, drink it slowly like a cup of tea. ACV should be taken at least a half an hour before eating breakfast.
Ways To Incorporate ACV Into Drinks
- ACV can be mixed with honey
- Mix it with horseradish and Habanero peppers – Fiery one!
- Try it with crushed strawberries and mint
- Mix with maple syrup, ground ginger, and water
- Mix with crushed berries and lemon with a dollop of honey
- Mix with watermelon and honey
- Mix with blueberries, strawberries, banana, and water – as a smoothie
Additional Health Benefits
Combining ACV with certain spices, herbs, and fruits provide even more additional health benefits, such as:
- Watermelon and basil – For a detox
- Turmeric (fights inflammation) tea with honey – For a detox
- Aloe vera, kiwi and cucumbers – For healthy skin and nails
- Grape with Seltzer water and kombucha – For anti-aging and gut health
- Chamomile tea – For reducing stress
- Strawberry and lemon – For increased energy
- Pear, raspberries, blackberries and purified water (full of vitamins A, C, and K, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus) – For aiding digestion
Is Timing Important?
First thing in the morning is the best time to drink apple cider vinegar. Some of the key benefits to drinking it in the morning are that it boosts metabolism and weight loss, and it helps with sugar cravings throughout the day (controls appetite), as well as controls cholesterol and treats unsightly blemishes, itchy insect bites and sunburns, and promotes healthy skin, hair, and nails. However, you can choose to drink it whenever you like.
If you prefer to drink it before bed, you may find that you may need to use the bathroom a lot through the night. There are some mixes and a handful of teas you could drink at night for certain ailments (such as aches and pains, from muscle soreness to chronic headaches). If needed, ACV may be taken at night to help ease certain ailments.